Why Hair Analysis ?
In many instances I will run a hair analysis on a patient for different reasons. For kids with mood disorders, it is always a must. Many adults with different conditions such as depression and Bi-Polar it can also be helpful. For preventative care it is also a great help. Running it once a year shows the mineral content, and we balance it with nutritional supplements. So it is great for preventative.
Hair analysis will show us the mineral content in the hair as well as in the body tissues. It will show a mineral content deficiency or surplus in the body. Mineral imbalances seen in hair analysis can give us a picture to so that we can avoid problems in the future.
One example of this would be calcium. If it is low we know that with time there may be a tendency to osteoporosis. The proper supplementation now may avoid osteoporosis later. (When it comes to Calcium, never take Calcium Carbonate which is in most over the counter supplements.)
Minerals are to the body what spark-plugs are to the car. Almost every enzyme reaction in the body uses minerals. And without enzyme activity, life will no longer exist.
Really anyone that is sick in any way can benefit form hair analysis. A tremendous amount of information can be obtained for a minimal cost.
Below are some signs of mineral deficiency:
- Stretch marks or lack of growth – Zinc deficiency
- Deep grooves in nails- Calcium deficiency
- White spots in fingernails- Zinc deficiency
- Long ridges in the nails- Iron deficiency
- Brittle hair and nails-Calcium imbalances
- White spots in fingernails-Zinc deficiency
- Mood swings-Possible toxic metal accumulation (also shown on a proper hair analysis)
The absence of these does not mean that you do not have a mineral deficiency but are indicators that we can look at.
Here are some of the more common causes of mineral deficiency.
- Taking the wrong vitamins
- Toxic metals
- Inheritance of mineral patterns from parents
- Birth Control Pills
- Poor diet
Here are a few facts about minerals
*The prostate glands has more zinc than any other organ or gland in the body.
*Mercury toxicity in the Mother can actually kill her unborn child.
*Hyperactive kids can have too much lead in their system.
*Arthritis pain can be cause by cadmium or lead poisoning. In these cases detox and liver support is essential.
*Women’s premenstrual headaches are often caused by too much copper in their system.
* Adolescent acne can be cause by lead or copper poisoning or possible zinc deficiency. Lotions with chemicals that cause these to disappear do not correct the problem. For future health these need to be addressed and minerals balanced.
*Beryllium, lead, nickel, cadmium, and arsenic poisoning can cause cancer.
Hair mineral analysis can take one a long way to regaining health as well as keeping their health. We are using it more and more on a variety of problems. If you have any questions on hair analysis, nutritional therapy or acupuncture please call me at 314-843-9355.
Leave a reply →